Terms and conditions of use
This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the website under the domain name www.kotaheritagesociety.in and to any correspondence between you and us and to any newsletters or publications downloaded by you or sent to you by us (the "Site").
The Kota Heritage Society whose address is Sukhdham Kothi, Civil Lines, Kota 324001, Rajasthan, India ("KHS") is responsible for the Site. KHS is a not-for-profit-organisation.
In consideration of KHS allowing you access to the Site you are deemed to accept our terms and conditions of use. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, do not use the Site.
Our terms and conditions of use may be changed. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use the Site after a change has been made to the terms and conditions of use you are deemed to have accepted it.
1. Use of the Site
KHS or its licensors or contributors own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material on the Site. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, adapt or otherwise use any material on the Site other than for your own personal non-commercial use.
You may not use the Site:-
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site, without written permission from the KHS;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party, without written permission from the KHS;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring KHS into disrepute.
You must be at least 18 years of age or be accessing the Site with the full consent of a parent or guardian
2. Removal of Material and Access to the Site
- KHS shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to the Site or any part of it at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice.
- KHS shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice.
- Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, KHS gives no warranties that it is indeed free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software.
- KHS shall not be responsible for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site or any other internet site.
- Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These are for your convenience only. KHS does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of these external websites.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
- KHS may publish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it or to the Site at its sole discretion and it shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
- You hereby grant KHS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format including (without limitation) print and electronic format.
- You hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have in respect of any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to KHS or to the Site.
6. Personal Data
KHS, which is a not-for-profit-organisation, only maintains the following Personal Data on this website of its members or persons who have regular contact with it:
- Email address
KHS processes this data only for the purpose of establishing and maintaining membership and support of the society not established or conducted for profit, or providing or administering activities for individuals who are either members of the society or have regular contact with it. Our data subjects are restricted to the processing of those for whom personal information is necessary for this purpose. Our data classes are restricted to personal information that is necessary for this purpose. Our disclosures other than those made with the consent of the data subject are restricted to those third parties that are necessary for this purpose. The personal information is not kept after the relationship between KHS and the data subject ends, unless (and for so long as) it is necessary to do so for this purpose.
You hereby agree that the Personal Data (and all updates of the Personal Data) may be processed by KHS for the purposes described above.
You also consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the Personal Information to/in countries outside India (this may be for many reasons, such as, our website may be hosted anywhere in the world). Your Personal Data may therefore be processed in countries where the rights and benefits conferred on data subjects may not be as in India.
If you receive emails, newsletters, or other communications from KHS, you can opt-out of such communications by contacting KHS.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit the Site we may send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to the Site
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Site and to help us improve the structure of the Site (we cannot identify you personally in this way).
Two types of cookies may be used on the Site, session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Site if cookies are disabled.
8. Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use
- Our terms and conditions of use may be changed. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use the Site after a change has been made you are deemed to have accepted it.
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Site, no warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness.
- KHS cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Site.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions of use, to the fullest extent permitted by law KHS excludes all warranties (whether express or implied) and all liability to you in respect of the Site, its content and your use of it.
10. Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes arising in relation to the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
- If any of these terms or conditions of use should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions of use shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
11. Comments and Complaints
- If you have any comments or complaints to make about the Site please send them to the society office at Kota Heritage Society, Sukhdham Kothi, Civil Lines, Kota 324001, Rajasthan, India,or,
- email us using the contact form on this website.
Last updated on the website on 23 March 2011